My document title
You can create a encypted archive to transfer files that might contain senstative data, etc.
Creating an encrypted archive with 7-Zip:
- Select the files and/or folders in Windows Explorer
- Right-click the file, hover over 7-Zip, click Add to Archive. This will open the Add to Archive window.
- In the Add to Archive Windown:
- Archive: Enter the file name (ending with .7z). If you’d like to have the file saved in another location, you can click the Browse (“…”) button, and select the location and the file name.
- Archive format: This should be 7z
- Compression Level:
- Store will complete very quickly, but does not compress or decrease the filesize at all
- Fastest, Fast, Normal, Maximum, or Ultra will compress at varying levels. Fastest will complete the quickest, but have the least effect on filesize, whereas Ultra will take longer, but the file can potentially be much smaller.
- Enter password: Enter a password for the archive, and reenter it in the second box.
- Encryption method: This should be AES-256 for best security
- Encrypt file names: This can be checked to encrypt file names, making the list of files in the archive not visible until the password is entered
- Click OK